Mountain Biking in Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Jasper National Park, Alberta
By Caroline Shin
Jasper National Park offers spectacular mountain biking options–hundreds of kilometres of mountain bike trails and many road riding tracks in the Canadian Rockies.
5 Things to Know: Mountain Biking in Jasper
1. Trails range from easy to difficult and the biking season typically lasts from May to October.
2. Mountain biking in a Jasper National Park comes with certain responsibilities. Riding non-designated or closed trails, building new trails, or riding off-trail displaces Jasper’s wildlife and destroys soil and vegetation.
3. Avoid riding during extreme conditions; wet, muddy or very dry trails are more likely to be damaged.
4. Mountain biking is allowed only on designated bike trails. It is your responsibility to know where you can and cannot legally ride.
5. Help preserve the quality of Jasper’s trails. Ride, don’t slide – avoid skidding your tires by hard braking. Ride over obstacles, not around them. If obstacles are above your skill level walk your bike.